23 June 2012

Scary interviews


Not on the set of Scary Normal, but rather at the director's house, where there is Tanqueray, and tonic, and limes

Gin-soaked excerpts from cast & crew interviews . . .
Cheeseblab: Laura, today’s scene was brutally emotional, and you had to perform it repeatedly. Were you ever tempted to grab the knife from the other scene and kill everyone else on the set?
Laura Anne Welle: No; however, I really did want to make Finn [Dallas, who played her character's brother, so it's really not as mean as it sounds] cry.
OK, that was uncomfortable . . .
CB: Sean, did you intentionally time the halts for sound issues to coincide with the emotional zeniths of Laura's lines?
Sean Whitsitt: No, it had to do with my gas, probably.
Yeah, OK, that makes sense . . .
CB: Kyle, as an award-winning producer, what’s it like to have to take orders from a first-time director?
Kyle Loughrin: Jen and I have talked about how she’s mostly done theater work, and I’ve done only film. There's an interesting contrast between her knowing how to deal with actors and my ability to use the camera--I can’t deal with actors. I don’t want to deal with people at all.
Yes! That's what I'm talkin' about! . . .
CB: Boss, you had a budget of $48.37; how did you make it happen?
Jen Bechtel: The best advice I’ve gotten on working on a low budget is to feed people, and we were able to do that essentially free, because people have donated food and service. And my executive producer has added gin and tonics to the mix.
I can testify to the accuracy of both of those statements.
CB: April, you had your throat cut in the comic scene today--
April Cleveland: That’s right, and it looks like a big, droopy--
And that's all we have time for today, but seriously, go to the Scary Normal Facebook page and like the hell out of us, yo!

No comments: