11 June 2012

Scary diary, day 3


On the set of Scary Normal

Ahhhh, deep breath. Late call today, so I will actually have a chance to disperse some stress with a good long workout, as soon as the director gets home & passes off her house key to me before she passes out altogether for a bit.

Yesterday pretty damned amazing. Confronted by a roadblock such as we slammed into, I would have gone ballistic, then probably catatonic; Jen just dealt, rewrote, moved on. Some nice symmetry and a couple of funny bits had to be sacrificed, but as she put it, what was lost was icing, not cake. She kept us on point and on schedule; she is my hero.

And with as much objectivity as I can summon, I gotta say, I think we've got something here. I already knew and liked the screenplay, of course, but this has been a pretty thrilling object lesson in seeing smart direction and sharp acting breathe real life and humanity into the pages. I expected this to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, and regardless of what happens days 4 through 18, I can put a checkmark next to that.

OK, time to go sweat.

No comments: