18 June 2012

Making magic

On the set of Scary Normal

OK, I really really really really really need to be asleep now, but I can't go to bed until I rave about the fantastic work tonight by everybody. The scene, an early one, is one of the most pivotal in the film (can there be degrees of pivotal-ness?), a long, complex, beautifully written scene, which puts a huge amount of pressure on the actors. It's a nighttime shoot, outdoors, near roads with inexplicably noisy Sunday night traffic--thus severe technical problems, especially for the sound crew.

And yet the work done tonight was some of the best yet, I think, and while some of it remains to be shot, I am 100% confident of completing a scene that will pull in any audience members who had so far resisted. Because, seriously: irresistible.

No comments: