10 January 2010

All about me, 2009

In the past I've done more or less conventional annual "best of" lists, have even updated them as films from 200N finally made it to New Haven in 200N+1, but I never really enjoyed it much. Yeah, I know: it's not for my enjoyment. But still.

Anyway, I got so tired of it that last year I blew it off altogether, but this year I'm back, but what I'm doing is just highlighting some things I saw in 2009 in whatever categories seem to make sense. Call 'em DVD-rental recommendations, I guess.

Gutchecks
Entre les Murs
Gomorra
Hunger
Politist, Adjectiv
Precious
Tyson
Vals Im Bashir
Angrymakers
Capitalism: A Love Story
The Cove
Food, Inc.
The Yes Men Fix the World
Shock and/or awe
Avatar
Every Little Step
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
La Danse
Moon
Tetro
Oddballs
Anvil: The Story of Anvil
District 9
The Informant!
In the Loop
Panique au village
Ricky
The September Issue
Where the Wild Things Are
World's Greatest Dad
Love hurts
An Education
Duplicity
(500) Days of Summer
Fantastic Mr. Fox
La Graine et le mulet
L'Heure d'été
Paris
Sita Sings the Blues
Up in the Air

No comments: