21 August 2011

Mother, hood

Daylight

Crit
Not only did this remind me of one of those film-festival submissions that you're supposed to think are good because they're gritty and hard to watch, but if you read the description on Netflix (click the title above--that's pretty much always what that link is, by the way, in case you're new to the blog), that reads like the description of one of those movies.

Granted, movies from the subgenre of pregnant-woman-menaced-by-desperate-sociopaths aren't exactly supposed to have the feel of a Fred & Ginger dancefest, but this is a particularly unpleasant entry in the field. Maybe I'm just becoming a wimp in my old age, but I found nothing positive about the offputtingness of it. Being hard to watch, I would suggest, doesn't necessarily make it worth watching.

No comments: