15 August 2010

Get a life

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Crit

Ah, one of those movies you like and desperately, desperately, desperately wish you could love, but love just isn't there. It showed me things I've never seen in the movies before, and for that I'm in favor, even though some of those things are things I suspect I'd have seen were I a chronic player of video fighting games like the characters in the film. And one reason I can't love it is that while seeing reasonably naturalistic movie action segue surreally into a fight featuring superpowers and wild effects is pretty cool the first time, the premise of the story is that Scott has to do it seven times (more, in fact, including false starts and redos), and that just becomes tedious.

Trailers

Good golly, what a lot of them, but Windows 7 has complicated the pasting in of links, so you're on your own finding out what IMBd can tell you about them.

  • Skyline--Boring title for what looks like a run-of-the-mill the-aliens-are-coming flick.
  • Going the Distance--Drew Barrymore in a drab-looking romcom.
  • It's Kind of a Funny Story--Might be: Boden & Fleck direct disturbed, institutionalized boy-in-like story.
  • Jackass 3D--No, I wish I were making it up, but I'm not.
  • Devil--More goofiness from M. Night Sham.

No comments: