24 January 2014

A mess of flowers

Bonnie and Clyde

(1967)
"That snake Malcolm Moss (Dub Taylor)" is how I was going to start this, because Bonnie (Faye Dunaway) says very clearly (her last words, as it turns out), "Isn't that Malcolm?" when she sees the herpetic father of C.W. () at the side of the road, [spoiler alert!] ostensibly changing a tire on his truck but actually setting up the titular duo for the laws' lead overkill. Equally clear is the name "Ivan Moss" in the end titles and on IMDb. Oh, yeah: and here that is in the "goofs" page.

Anyway, I never forget that this is a great film; everybody who knows anything about film in the '60s knows that. What I do forget, because I always let years pass between screenings (7 this time) is how likable a film it is, or, more to the point, how much I like it. So yes, it was a reasonably legitimate deaccession candidate, but no, I won't be letting it go just yet to some good home other than my own.

No comments: