20 September 2013

Reefer madness

Touch of Evil

(1958)
They tell me this is great, and I won't debate the point, but to me it has always seemed overwrought and terribly dated, what with the marihuana hysteria and whatnot. Not to say it doesn't have its charms, like Joseph Calleia as Menzies, sidekick and best friend to Orson Welles's Hank Quinlan, and Marlene Dietrich as Tana, who speaks those memorable last words about that friendship. But lead couple Charlton Heston and Janet Leigh are pretty much insufferable.

So yeah, I didn't really expect to be deaccessioning this one, but I am: ask and ye shall receive.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

I'll take it. You know I love Orson Welles and this is one I don't have. Though I agree, Heston and Leigh are insufferable.

cheeseblab said...

Excellent! You should check the other free to a good home discs; just as easy to send you 3 as 1.