14 September 2013

DUI

North by Northwest

(1959)
Gee, it's annoying when I discover that the small point I was going to make this time around is one that I've already made in a previous review. But I can further update the old water-on-portside complaint: I now have taken a train north from NYC more than once, and I can confirm that indeed the track follows right next to the Hudson (portside) for quite a distance.

Oh, here's a question: granted, he's fleeing the bad guys, and granted, his judgment is more than a little impaired, but why does Roger go through all those hairpin turns without once even tapping the brake? I guess I always sort of assumed the baddies had cut the brake fluid line, but of course when the bicycle strays in front of him, he slams on the brakes then. Man, this movie is completely implausible!

No comments: