21 September 2013

A pasture animal waiting for the abattoir

Sideways

(2004)
Funny thing happened en route to watching this perfectly sober again. See, my self-permission to drink is predicated on my being at or lower than a specific weight that morning, and I haven't been close since vacation, so I started this dry tonight. But then came Miles's response to Maya's question ( and ) why he's so into pinot noir, and dammit, I just had to hit the Pause button and go around the corner to Mohan's wine store. If you don't understand, well, you don't, but I'm guessing you do.

Unfortunately, as it turned out, the Velvet Crush 2012 I paid sixteen bucks for seems a bit gone, as if it was stored at too high a temperature for a time. Would someone who actually knows anything about wine say the same thing? We'll never know. And it's not as if I'm going to pour it down the drain, but still, a little disappointed. In the wine, not the film.

No comments: