30 September 2012

Like that

Scary Normal

In the unlikely event that you don't know why my opinion might be suspect, click the title link below for full disclosure.

But seriously, trust my unclouded-by-sentiment-and-involvement opinion: this is a beautiful film, beautifully written, beautifully directed and acted and shot: yes, I laughed, yes, I cried, and yes, I found the story--of a young girl trying to figure out who she is, who she might love, and how she can deal with being the weird one out in the world and the only sane one at home--fresh and affecting.

I don't want to start singling out actors because I don't want to name the whole cast, and I found every performance damn near perfect, but I will say that you'll be hard pressed to spend 90 happier minutes than with these two:

Laura Anne Welle, left, as Chelsea, and April Cleveland as Danielle

No comments: