25 December 2011

One zing to fool us all

Lord of the Rings: part I, Fellowship of the Ring

(2001)
Not until after I'd decided on this as my Xmas-night watch did it occur to me that it had been a Jewish Xmas movie originally, 10 years ago today. That day was notable for not being solitary, and it was an altogether enjoyable movie-and-Chinese day, until it turned into one of the weirdest unpleasant experiences I've ever had. Fortunately, that didn't happen until nearly a year later, and no, much as I would like to give you the details, I just can't. I'd tell you what I learned from it if I'd actually learned anything from it--all I really took away from it is that any friendship that can be spoiled without your having any idea what really happened must not have been a friendship that really needs to be mourned.

Oh, so the movie--I've seen it often enough that it's starting to make sense to me, which I'm not sure is a good thing.

No comments: