04 December 2011

Frog got legs

The Muppets

NoHa
Guest blogger today, my best 10-year-old friend Jocelyn:
The Muppets is definitely on my top ten films of 2011 list, but not the first. While admittedly a great show overall, it had its moments. Amy Adams and Jason Segel fit the roles wonderfully [blabitorial note: I couldn't agree more!], and the plot is rich and appealing to children [and to grown-ups, as long as they're not too grown-up], but sometimes it felt like it should have been a little more fast-paced [yeah, I'm with her here, too]. For example, the song "Muppet or a Man" was beautifully written, sung wonderfully and played a prominent role in the film. But it occurred shortly after a very intense scene including the gangster-style oil miner (Chris Cooper), and then all of a sudden, you find Gary and Walter are singing this gorgeous tune, but the audience is not able to enjoy the scene as much as we might have been able to, because instead of fully enjoying the music, the whole theatre is hunched forward in their seats thinking, come on, let's cut to the chase! . . . but other than that slight annoyance, The Muppets is a great movie (ma na ma nop).
Man, this is job is easy when I can get somebody else I agree with 100% to write it--thanks, Jocelyn! The trailer blurbs are from cranky, cynical me.

Trailers

No comments: