27 May 2011

2020 vision

La doppia ora (The double hour)

Crit
I've seen this reviewed as a noir (though I can't tell you what it was compared to, because that would be a spoiler), and it is dark, but it's much more a thriller (though whether psychological or supernatural I wouldn't tell you even if I were certain, because that too would be a spoiler).

So what can I tell you without spoiling anything? Well, don't get there late, and don't ever look away from the screen, and if possible, go the entire 95 minutes without ever blinking--things happen that suddenly, and that much out of the blue. And I guess I can tell you that crime is involved. And sex, and probably love. And guilt. And a Cure song. And a bullet. And I guess I can tell you that at the moment I thought I'd figured out what was going on, I was 180 degrees off. Beyond that, I'm afraid you're on your own. But please, see it.

No comments: