13 November 2010

Same as the old bosses

Inside Job

Crit
Those Bastards! weekend, chapter 2; or perhaps I should say chapter 3, since this film was misplattered at my downtown movie theater such that the subheadings came in the sequence I, IV, II, III, V. I was apparently the first viewer to point this out to the management, but then there were only 2 other people in the audience when I saw it, so who knows how many have had a chance to complain.

So how confusing was it, out of order? Aside from a few splice glitches, not very. Mainly what happens is that you get the outrageous information that all these people who dozed through the financial meltdown have been put back in charge of the institutions designed to avert such meltdowns before you get the play-by-play of the meltdown itself.

This is pretty complicated stuff, of course, and I wouldn't recommend viewing the film out of sequence, but it's not like that time the same theater showed me the serpentine plot of The Good Shepherd out of sequence--you think Matt Damon is somehow involved?
Trailer

1 comment:

Jennie Tonic said...

Why don't you read the novel? Or will you do so after the movie?