05 November 2016

You've got time

Doctor Strange

Crit
I was a straight-ticket Marvel voter as an adolescent (even subscribed, at a time that 12 issues x 12 = a $1.75 subscrip), but I can't really can't say I awaited the new issue of Strange Tales (which the Doc shared with . . . the Hulk, maybe?) with the same eagerness as I did Spidey or the Fantastic Four, or the X-Men or even Daredevil. Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently attuned to psychedelia.

This, though, may be one of my favorite Marvel flicks, as discombobulated as the narrative is. It's without doubt the trippiest, and--this is taller cotton--the most lovingly imaged Manhattan has ever been in a Marvel movie, and maybe one of the top 20 in that category for all films. Even with that stupid Avengers skyscraper (I guess) pasted in at Midtown, near GTC & the Chrysler.
Trailers

No comments: