13 September 2013

Deadheads

To Die For

(1995)
Stuff I'd forgotten:
  • that it's based on a novel by Joyce Maynard, who has a cameo as defense lawyer for Suzanne ()
  • that the screenplay is by , who also plays a crotchety homeroom teacher
Stuff I remembered:
  • that it's pretty funny, in a shooting-dumb-people-in-a-barrel sort of way
Stuff that meant nothing to me before:
  • that the mother of Larry (Matt Dillon) is played by Maria Tucci, whom I now know to be married to a friend and author of mine, whose name I won't drop here, but through a bizarre coincidence, the film immediately above this in the index of titles is a documentary by their daughter about their son
On balance, a creepily fun entertainment, but I've had enough of it, so it's up for grabs. Click the link below to see what else is still free to a good home.

No comments: