22 January 2012

Free kick

Bend It Like Beckham

(2002)
Been a bad sports day: two of my three beloved teams lost, and while the other one won't lose a game that matters for more than 10 weeks, it's possible that the NFL team I care about only enough to watch when they get close to a Super Bowl, and then only to start watching a couple of hours after kickoff and fast-forward between plays, is already being thrashed.

So it's only fair that I get to enjoy one triumph--though I confess that I almost couldn't bring myself to hear that titular name and see that iconic face so indelibly associated with the team that beat my Gunners today.

Anyway, this remains completely hokey and completely charming, and I still can't watch the happy ending dry-eyed.

1 comment:

Momo said...

Great flick. Great soundtrack, too - well, the Indian music is really fun/cool.