31 May 2010

Rust never sleeps

Iron Man 2

Crit
OK, look, it might not matter to a lot of people that you've destroyed Flushing, Queens, but it just so happens that my favorite team cannot win a baseball game anywhere else, so I really don't appreciate your consigning them to playing .300 ball the rest of the season.

It seems like maybe I pronounced the first entry in this franchise boring. Well, yeah, sorta. So why did I bother to go to the sequel? Hell, I dunno--it's Memorial Day weekend, and it seemed unpatriotic not to go to any movies.

Only thing that got my blood pumping at all--and not just because she's in tighter-than-skin black Spandex--was Scarlett Johansson's Natasha Romanoff kicking some big league ass, dark red hair snaking around like Medusa's in the old X-Men mags. I don't know what her supername is going to turn out to be--seems to be a character that postdates my Marvel time--but I'm ready to see the long-awaited Avengers flick on the basis of her and Sam.
Trailers

No comments: