03 May 2008

Put me in a wheelchair, get me to the show

Young at Heart

Crit

Pretty nearly impossible not to like this documentary of youth and age, life and death, music and music and music, though director Stephen Walker does try from time to time to bollix it up with unneeded intrusions. I also would have liked to learn a lot more about the group's origins and about what drives the 53-year-old Bob Cilman to teach a bunch of Massachusetts senior citizens songs like "Life During Wartime," "Schizophrenia," and "I Wanna Be Sedated." A very good, very moving film that could have been a bit more.

Incidentally, the title is actually closed up w/ the @ sign in the middle, but I can't persuade the interface that that doesn't signify an address, so I've sacrificed art to practicality.

Trailers

No new ones, but let me just go on record as saying that after three viewings, I am officially sick of the Mamma Mia trailer.

No comments: