14 April 2017

Attack of the zombie cars

The Fate of the Furious

Crit
Hey, wait, this isn't about primeval golf, before Americans or even the English got excited by it. That film was promised but not delivered, but I was at the theater, and I was up for a holiday movie, and it was already paid for (via MoviePass), so I talked myself into the wisdom of having some dumb.
Well, I don't know about the wisdom, but I came to the right place for the dumb, and much of it (like virtually every moment with Dwayne Johnson, and the Manhattan zombie cars chase) was fun. I knew going in that there was one Oscar winner in the cast; the second, uncredited and Cockney-accented, was a pleasant surprise, as was the presence of two favorite supporting actors from Game of Thrones.

But dumb tends to be less fun in, say, the fourth half-hour than in the first three. Suffice it to say I won't be spending the rest of the long weekend bingewatching the first 7 films in the franchise.
Trailers
  • The Mummy--Talk about your femmes fatales.
  • Atomic Blonde--Ditto, as Fate's Ms. Theron keeps playing the action number on the wheel.

No comments: