23 December 2015

The truth is like poetry, and most people fucking hate poetry

The Big Short

Crit
I took copious notes during the film, and I'm prepared to explain in full detail precisely what a collateralized debt obligation and all its various permutations are.

No, come back! I'm just kidding! Even with explanations by Margot Robbie in a bubble bath and Selena Gómez in a sexy dress at a blackjack table alongside my very own Yale University Press author Richard Thaler, it's still a little unclear. Maybe if Robbie explained it again . . .

That's two terrific films now based on books by Michael Lewis; maybe I should read him sometime. I wonder whether he found the black humor in the meltdown that killed people and fortunes, or whether that's all down to screenwriter Charles Randolph and cowriter and director Adam McKay?

Trailers

No comments: