13 June 2015

Dances with raptors

Jurassic World Imax 3D

Post
I needed this much in the same way that I sometimes need to eat an entire big bag of Cheetos in a single sitting, and the guilty, kinda sad gratification was much the same. I'm not sure what the analogue is for orange fingers, but if I come up with anything, I'll let you know.


Anyway, it was just as advertised: smart dinosaurs, dumb people, and a jokey antifeminism whose joke isn't funny enough to be forgivable.


In retrospect, I really didn't need this bag of Cheetos, in fact would have been better off without it, but it's too late to do anything about it now.

Trailers
  • The Man from U.N.C.L.E.--Hey, I didn't even care about the TV show, though my big sisters insisted that we watch it.
  • The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, part 2--Well, I must, mustn't I?
  • Ant-Man--Yes, I'm inclined in favor of this bit of Marvel obscurantism.
  • Everest--Sentimentality because it's there.
  • Also saw expanded versions of trailers I'd seen before, a Terminator one that gives away an important plot point and an Imax 3D one for The Walk that makes this platform look like the way to see it if it's going to be seen.


No comments: