13 July 2014

Primates with guns

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Crit
What this film teaches us:
  • Prejudices notwithstanding, we're all pretty much alike at bottom. I'm sorry, but it's true.
  • As suggested by Genesis, specifically the story of Cain and Abel, the treachery gene expressed itself very early in our evolution.
  • The use of personal pronouns is a critical marker in intellectual development.
  • The law remains in effect that every cinematic season must include at least one film with the Band's "The Weight" in the soundtrack.
Left unclear until at least the next sequel is how long it will take the apes to establish a government and, more to the point, to develop a soccer team capable of competing for the World Cup. In the meantime, congratulations to die Mannschaft, whose crisp passing and shrinkwrap defending made me less ashamed of my homo sapiens membership than I might otherwise have been.
Trailers
  • Into the Storm--Wow--best sound I've ever heard from a trailer, I think.

No comments: