28 February 2014

No animals were harmed

There's Something About Mary

(1998)
This was never a serious contender for deaccession, but it was eligible on the basis of its having been more than 5 years since I'd last screened it. In that time span the roster of actors who later played favorite roles in favorite HBO series grew: in addition to the pair previously recognized--Ted's shrink (Richard Jenkins, Nathaniel Fisher Sr. in Six Feet Under) and Mary's brother (W. Earl Brown, Dan Dority in Deadwood)--one of Mary's trio of girlfriends is played by Khandi Alexander (LaDonna Batiste-Williams in Treme).

Of course, the long time since I last screened this also means that I've never before blogged it, and there's a lot I'd like to say about it at some point, but that's enough for tonight; next time I should talk about the Greek chorus.

No comments: