14 February 2014

Clockwork

RoboCop

Crit
This is the first film I've gone to that I probably wouldn't have but for the fact that it was "free" via the prepaid MoviePass. I should go into some detail about that card sometime soon, but right now I have paella in the oven, so you'll have to excuse me.

Anyway, I've seen the original only once, so it's not a sacred text that I couldn't bear to see tampered with, and this one was a perfectly OK actioner, though frankly, I'd rather have seen Michael K. Williams in the title role rather than have him playing the thankless Black Buddy Cop role. Speaking of familiar faces from favorite TV series, good to see Deadwood's Zach Grenier and, just for a flash and not credited, but I swear, Nicki Clyne from Battlestar Galatica (a cop in the station, late; one way this makes sense is that she's from Vancouver, where this was shot; also some Toronto; no Detroit, sadly).
Trailers

No comments: