06 July 2013

Mother Nature is a serial killer

World War Z

Crit
Who among us has not had the terror of being caught in a traffic jam when some horrible thing happens that makes it necessary (though no less impossible) to get away in a hurry?

As you know, I don't read a lot of reviews, so maybe you can tell me: have people been pointing how much of this--viral transmission of zombieness, supermarket shopping spree, high-rise hospitality turning into a merger of families, pilgrimage to a site that promises answers and fails to deliver, a military more concerned with protecting itself than with saving citizens--is stolen from the best zombie flick to date?

This is a good summer popcorn cruncher; I really enjoyed the popcorn, with white cheddar Kernel Seasons on it, and the air-conditioning, which I generally don't approve of, was just fine. Oh, and the movie was sort of entertaining, though Brad Pitt was too much a larger-that-life movie star for me ever to have a remotely serious concern about his safety or his family's. It wasn't a waste of time, though if I'd had other movies or a ballgame to get to this weekend, it would have been close.
Trailers

No comments: