27 October 2012

Planned parenthood

Rosemary's Baby

(1968)
You know what struck me most this time? What a quaint time it was when we carried around little notebooks filled with handwritten addresses and phone numbers--phone numbers we'd look up and dial (and wait for the click-click-click-click of the dial to return to home position before doing it at least six more times), sometimes right out in public, though with the semiprivacy of a plexiglass box, outside of which there were often people impatiently awaiting their turns.

Also, I thought: I don't care what Guy (John Cassavetes) or Frank thought, Rose/Mia's haircut was brilliant, and it probably didn't hurt Vidal Sassoon any, either.

Finally (but I always think this), one of my favorite lines in the movies: "He has his father's eyes."

Now I think I'll go do the time warp again.

No comments: