14 April 2012

Russian revolution

Nochnoi Dozor (Night watch)

(2006)
Wow--every bit as trippy as when I first saw it. Fiddled around with the language options for a while, because I remembered wild subtitle formatting, but in looking at my post for the sequel, I get the idea that that's where the creative titles first appeared--so I'll have a look at that tomorrow night. I guess maybe this one was dubbed even in the theater. That's how I watched it tonight--but with subtitles on, too, so I didn't have to translate the thick Russian accents.

The forces of light and the forces of dark in a cold war, officially under truce for centuries, but, well, sometimes mistakes are made. Great looking, great sounding film, with mostly dimestore special effects that are nonetheless effective. One of my favorite vampire flicks.

No comments: