18 February 2011

Mr. Lippy goes to Iowa

Cedar Rapids

Crit
OK, you're not from the rural Midwest, so you probably think the insurance agent played by Ed Helms is a parody. Trust me: no. I know that guy; hell, with a few different rolls of the dice, I am that guy.

There's nothing brilliant or profound or original here--I mean, hell, even the flaming fart was done in South Park, though here (spoiler alert!) it's nonfatal--but I don't know when the last time was I've had so much fun in the movie theater. If what you need at the movie theater is a hoot and a half (mostly not of the fart variety, flaming or otherwise, I hasten to add), this is the place. A lot of Fridays I come home from watching something so bleak that I need a comedy with dinner, but hey, tonight I can watch something bleak at home!

Trailers

No comments: