08 October 2010

With friends like this . . .

What, you didn't believe that I wasn't going to watch any Metsless postseason baseball? Maybe you'll be convinced once I've gone to SEVEN movies this weekend, some of which I'm not even particularly enthusiastic about seeing.

Catfish

Crit
This one just made me feel kinda icky. When I saw the trailer, I was certain it was a faux documentary, and though it pretends otherwise, I still hope that's the case. If it's true truth, it's just so cruel to the poor, delusional, attention-starved subject. If it's fiction masquerading as truth, then the point of the story is what? That people aren't altogether honest, including, in this case, the filmmakers? Guess what: we had already pretty much figured that out. Credit to one member of my group, who pointed out that this is 90 minutes rehashing a classic New Yorker cartoon.

Trailers

No comments: