04 July 2009

The lady in . . . white and orange?

Public Enemies

Crit

Wow, this puts things in perspective, huh? I mean, yeah, people were talking and crinkling plastic wrappers throughout the film, but no one shot me down as I left the theater, so it could have been lots worse.

Yet another Michael Mann film that I admire a lot more than I like. I recognize the excellence of the filmmaking and of the acting, but it just didn't move me much, aside from the fact that I felt as if I'd seen so much of it before.

Oh, and show of hands: who else thought of the same flick I thought of when Billie (Marion Cotillard, with what I guess is a French-Native American accent), under interrogation, gives the dumb Chicago flatfoot (or maybe he's a fed--hard to keep track of jurisdictions) a four-digit address on Addison?

Trailers

No comments: