09 January 2009

Jesus all Friday

Gran Torino

Crit

Alternate leads:

  1. Christ, I didn't know there were so many different slurs for Asians.
  2. Well, Clint don't do subtle, do he?
  3. Damn, that is a bitchin' vehicle!
Geez, I could give you a dozen reasons not to like the film, starting with the fact that there can never be any doubt that an irredeemable racist played by Clint is gonna be redeemed. But it'd take a real gook guinea mick polack dickless nitwit pussy fuckhead not to fall in line with the program here. A stronger man than I.

I'm tempted to stop there, but I gotta say: god love that old bastard if only for being unafraid to play an old bastard. Plus this: as guilty as you may feel, I challenge you not to love and laugh at the language.
Trailer

  • He's Just Not That into You--Surprised myself by laughing at a couple of lines. Might be worth it just for the Je/Ginnifer-intensive cast.

No comments: