21 March 2008

Technically, "Whom"

Horton Hears a Who

NoHa

I dunno, maybe I'm just too old, but this didn't seem all that magical to me. Plus, it seemed way too scary for kids young enough to find it magical. But there were a bunch of the little rugrats in the theater, and they seemed to be getting it, so I'll defer to their judgment. For me the best moment was the clear allusion to my favorite line of State and Main: "That happened!" In both films, you had to be there.

The Bank Job

NoHa

You gotta love a film that opens with "Bang a Gong" on the soundtrack. You gotta love a heist film that blends in sex, politics, and Black Power. You gotta love a heist film that ends (SPOILER ALERT!) with the heister hero on his fishing boat with his beautiful wife and beautiful daughters. Anyway, I guess you gotta love it. But I merely liked it.

Trailers


2 comments:

Dr. Debs said...

Bang a Gong would have made all the difference to me. Makes me smile just thinkin' about it.

cheeseblab said...

Get it on!