30 December 2016

Transit

New Year's Eve eve M3

Julieta

Sun
Almodóvar, so about mothers. And mystery. And time. And it's lovely but not one of his first rank.


Casablanca (1942)

FF
Oddly, this 35mm print is not as good a copy of the film as I have at home, and the picture is maybe 6 times as big, but having missed my usual July screening, I couldn't resist the rare viewing in a crowd. Though even the crowd wasn't as big or as appreciative as I'd have expected. So I suppose I'd say that if it's possible to be disappointed by a screening of my favorite film, this would be the time. But it's not, and I wasn't.


Toni Erdmann

FF
Wow. I do not remotely get why smart film critics love this. Of the three factors cited in every review--charm, hilarity, and length--the last is the only one that made an impression on me.
Trailers

No comments: