23 January 2016

We bombed in New Haven

All About Eve

(1950)
Imagine my surprise to discover that my buddy April, in town for interviews with the Yale and Brown drama schools, thus obviously a devotee of the thay-a-tr, had never seen this film. Long story short, I bullied her into watching it, with an opt-out clause after 15 minutes. She loved it, we watched the first hour, then retired in anticipation of a blizzard adventure next day, got home next day from said b.a., and watched the rest (ahead of the Illini game).

So regaling my thay-a-tr devotee daughter with the stunning news that her protégée had never seen this classic, I was gobsmacked to discover that . . . oh, anyone who's ever seen a third-rate comedy of errors can guess how this sentence ends.

Anyway, I have nothing to say about the film, but I'm hoping April will check in with a comment. And Jen too, once she's actually seen it.

No comments: