26 November 2015

Standing eight count

Creed

Crit
So, I'm looking at Michael B. Jordan in a scene with Wood Harris, and I'm thinking, yeah, if you were going to tab one of these veterans of The Wire to have a huge career, it would have been Jordan, but still: Avon's not exactly chopped pit beef. Well, turns out Harris has been working pretty regularly, just in stuff I haven't seen. Literally: nothing until this. Would've seen him in Ant-Man had the reviews not convinced me I'd hate it; would have seen him in House or Justified had either series drawn me in enough to stay with it. But no. Good to see him here, if only briefly.

And the film? Do you have to ask? Cliché-drenched, surprise-free, and as satisfying (and nourishing) as a plate of mac & cheese. I hated loving it.

Trailers

No comments: