09 October 2015

Unbreakable

He Named Me Malala

Crit
One good thing about the Mets' postseason opener not starting until the ungodly hour of 9:45 (seriously, what's the deal with Pacific Daylight Time?) is that I had time to go to a movie after work, and now I have time to blog about it.

As you'll see if you click on the title link, this documentary has gotten middling reviews. I guess that's because it's oversimplistic. I mean, the opposing view is never aired in counterpoint to such assumptions as:

  • schools shouldn't be blown up
  • girls should be able to go to school
  • girls shouldn't be shot in the head for going to school
  • the Taliban don't speak for Islam
So, yeah, if you're looking for a balanced discussion of those propositions, you'll be disappointed. If you're looking for inspiration from one of the bravest people of our time, I think you'll be OK.
Trailers
  • Youth--Looks star-heavy.

No comments: