25 December 2013

Tales of brave Ulysses

Inside Llewyn Davis

Crit
Well, I'd buy his album--in fact, I might just.

The perfect Christmas Day movie--good music, smiles, exasperation with the protagonist, all in service of a shaggy cat story. Would have been a perfect Jewish Christmas Day had there not been a wait of more than an hour for carryout at Royal Palace. But hah! I'll show them! I'll just have some leftover Christmas Eve wild mushroom-and-four cheese lasagna! So there.

Oh, one cavil about a movie that seems a good bet to make my top ten for the year: wasn't there somebody in the production who knows that geographical numbering of U.S. highways was the opposite of the Interstate system, such that U.S. 90 would not have been anywhere near northern Illinois? In fact, according to Wikipedia, it went/goes from Van Horn, Texas, to Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Hey, maybe the Coens need a script supervisor!
Trailers

No comments: