03 March 2013

Wouldn't it be nice?

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

(2012)
If the world were about to end, I
  • would continue to floss, if only because what if someone who looked like Melanie Lynskey
  • or Connie Britton or Keira Knightley wanted to kiss me?
  • would shoot heroin, duh
  • would accept all offered cannabis--let's just stipulate would use virtually any drug available
  • would not turn down anyone who looked like Melanie Lynskey unless her personal attributes were extremely annoying
  • would not turn down anyone who looked like Connie Britton even if she used impact as a verb and thought irregardless is a word
When this was approaching the theaters, I wanted it to be good, but then it got soft reviews, and I let it pass, and I can see why critics were lukewarm, and it's a fair question whether, if it had not later been recommended by the person in the world I love the most, I would have let it get me as goopy as it did, but it did, and there's no point denying it. Hey, what's so great about "objective"?

One way I'd improve it: have him play something from 69 Love Songs (didn't even know it exists on vinyl!) rather than that lame Hollies song.

No comments: