23 February 2013

How can you not be romantic about baseball?

Moneyball

(2011)
It's a double-trick question, of course. The answer is that you can't if you care at all. Hell, the reason I watched this tonight is that I was all gaga about the Mets' first spring training game of the year, and about the great work by our latest pitching prospect--chockablock, in short, with that hope that springs eternal, regardless of logic and evidence. But the other half of the trick is that counting on "baseball people" thinking with their sentiment is what makes moneyball work.

Also, how can you not be romantic about daddy-daughter stories, especially when the daughter is not only adorable but also artistic?

OK, now I have a decision to make, that doesn't really have anything to do with Brad Pitt, no matter how it seems: do I now finish watching the film I started last night before going comatose?

No comments: