18 November 2011

Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat

Miller's Crossing

(1990)
Let's play What Does This Film Have in Common with the Last Film I Watched? The song "Runnin' Wild," though here the vocalist is a man, and we don't see him (so maybe he does look like Marilyn, but I'm guessing not), and he doesn't seem to be playing a ukulele.

Not sure why we didn't see this when it was in theaters; not sure why I didn't much care for it when we saw it a few years later. Not paying close enough attention? I dunno--seems a pretty fair Coen spin on double-cross gangster noir. Maybe I held against it the minuscule role for Frances McDormand--she's onscreen for less than a minute, I'd guess--which is about as long as Gabriel Byrne is off of it.

Anyway, an intended deaccessioning, but I've decided to keep it.

No comments: