22 November 2009

Feels good to be a gangsta

Office Space

(1999)
One of those films that, over the (only 10, after all) years, I had been multiply accosted with the incredulous "You've never see ________ ??!!!?" trope. OK, so now I have, and I can see the appeal, especially for young people relatively new to the realization that omigod, working at a job I don't like and often hate is my fate for the rest . . . of . . . my . . . fucking . . . LIFE!!! I'm fortunate to hate my job only rarely and actually like it sometimes, and in any case, the rest of my fucking life isn't nearly as long as theirs, so I find it amusing but hardly life changing. Provides further evidence, if any was needed, that, in the right vehicle, Jennifer Aniston is one of the best comic actors of her generation.

No comments: