15 November 2008

What just happened?

Quantum of Solace

Crit

Bond meets girls, Bond beds girl, girl meets icky end. As usual.

This is a perfectly OK entertainment, but I had no idea what was going on half the time; then again, when it slows down to a pace suitable for philosophy is when it stops being entertaining, so keep it zoomin', I say.

Occurred to me that Bond is essentially a U.S. Marine. He doesn't visit the Halls of Montezuma or the shores of Tripoli, but he does fight his country's battles in the air, on land, and sea.

Most interesting cast credit is the last one: Perla de las Dunas Receptionist: Oona Chaplin. That's the granddaughter of the original Oona and Charles, daughter of Geraldine, great-granddaughter of Eugene O'Neill. She's the second granddaughter of Charlie and Oona I've noticed in end credits this year, and she has a sister, Carmen, who also acts, but I haven't seen her in anything yet.

Trailers

No comments: